Trip dates – Thru June 30 – Monday July 4, 2022
Hike 33 mi of Appalachians Trail from Grafton Notch states park (route 26 in ME) to Rangeley, ME (route 17).
06-28 Tue – new Nikon COOLPIX A1000 camera arrived as a replacement for broken previous camera
06-29 Wed – pack dawn sleeping bag. Because it is dawn-based, it needs to go to its compression bag the last before the trip. Set mental alarm to wake up at 04:22AM tomorrow morning
06-30 Thursday – wake at 04:27AM. Drive to ME and drop bike at the end of the trail and start hiking via Table Rock to Baldpate shelter – 2.3 mi.
07-01 Friday – hike 12H over Baldpate Mountain, Frye shelter, cross East B Hill Road, to Surplus Pond and finally to Hall Mountain shelter – 13.5 mi
07-02 Saturday – after overnight rain hike down to Sawyer River and up to Moody Mountain, down to South Arm Rd and endless up to Old Blue Mountain to end up near Clearwater Brook – 8 mi.
07-03 Sunday – hike over multiple unnamed peaks down to Bemis Mountain Rd, jump on the bike and ride another 9 mi to Upper Richardson Lake.
07-04 Monday – continue the bike ride along the lakes toward south-west until reaching ME route 26 and the car – 28 mi.
Navigate through the List
- 01 July 2022 trip to ME - between routes 26 and 17 (2022/06/29)
- 02 2022-06-30 Thursday - very treacherous Garland Pond Rd (2022/06/30)
- 03 2022-07-01 Friday - hike 6 AM to 6PM to cover 13.5 mi on familiar grounds (2022/07/01)
- 04 2022-07-02 Saturday - a dream spot at the end of the day (2022/07/02)
- 05 2022-07-03 Sunday - aspire to Upper Richardson Lake (2022/07/03)
- 06 2022-07-04 Monday - last 28 miles to the car (2022/07/04)
- 07 Travel Lessons and further actions (2022/07/05)