Last Day in Europe
On Sunday, August 29, we woke up in Winkel, Switzerland.
[09:47] A pleasant surprise – We paid 90CHF for hotel Landgasthof Breiti, but I was expecting something around 130 CHF.
[10:14] It is Sunday, but Airport Gas Station is opened and there are no lines. Here we paid 79.55 CHF for 48.79 litters (1.63 CHF/L). Let’s compare this to some prices we saw 2 days ago on a Swiss-Italian border in Chiasso.
I was making this picture to compare gasoline prices later. Only now I noticed that this picture actually captures a plaque stating “Guinness World Record in High Fuel” (nel risparmio di carburante). I have no idea, what does it mean.
[11:29] Starbucks at the Airport Kloten -16.80 CHF
[13:55] Flight from Zurich (Kloten) to New York (JFK)
Delta flight was almost painless. Every seat had a personal monitor with a touch screen. Almost entire time we played Game Trivia against other passengers on the plane.
[Eastern Time Zone] We didn’t have any bags checked in. Only carry-on items. Instead of waiting 4 hours for our next flight, we jump the ship to an earlier flight from New York to Boston. Fantastic!
[20:32-20:51] Taxi ride from the Logan Airport – $54.30
Back to work. However, a long Labor Day weekend is just around the corner. I will use this opportunity to conquer Pemigewasset Wilderness (see article here at http://www.domainwebcenter.com/?p=268)
We spent 2 weeks in Switzerland and Italy. It took 3 month to write this report about it. A very slow deliberate process. Every day several hour a day. Meanwhile, I learned a lot of tricks on how to arrange images and captions, how to edit and combine images in Photoshop, the true value of Firefox spell check, and how to combine a number of articles into a series.
This Web Publishing is truly amazing apparatus to express the untold stories and memories.
Navigate through the List
- 01 Preparation for the Swiss Trip in August 2010 (2023/03/04)
- 02 August 14-15, 2010: Zurich (2023/03/08)
- 03 August 16-17, 2010: Luzern - Bern - Fribourg (2023/03/12)
- 04 August 18-19, 2010: Fribourg – Montreux (Nabokov) – Geneva (2023/03/16)
- 05 August 20, 2010 - Wake in Switzerland, Eat in France, Sleep in Italy (2023/03/20)
- 06 August 21,2010: It’s a Mountain Time – Rifugio Monzino (2023/03/24)
- 07 August 22, 2010: Genova – Columbus and Paganini (2023/03/28)
- 08 August 23, 2010: Camogli – San Fruttuoso – Portofino and Back (2023/04/04)
- 09 August 24, 2010: From Mediterranean to Lake Como and Bellagio (2023/04/08)
- 10 August 25, 2010: Around Bellagio - Pescallo, Regatola, S. Giovanni (2023/04/12)
- 11 August 26, 2010: Back to Switzerland - Airolo (2023/04/16)
- 12 August 27, 2010: St. Gotthard Pass and Lake Lucendro (2023/04/20)
- 13 August 28, 2010: Seewen - Rapperswil-Jona - Winkel (2023/04/24)
- 14 August 29, 2010: The End - From Zurich to Boston (2023/04/28)
Be the first to comment