A whole day to dry out all my gear on the sun, restock bug spray and sunscreen, and olive oil, and sugar, and stove fuel. In the afternoon, I even have time to do some work emails and prepare for next day. And had a chance to cut the grass for first time this season.
Midday, I went to the post office to send my broken Nikon COOLPIX 9900 camera for a repair (~$9). They would reply on June 13 with a medium repair estimate cost of $164.07. I approved the repair on the web. On June 23, they would inform me that there are no spare parts for this camera and instead they would like to offer me a refurbished COOLPIX A1000 at the current repair cost of $137.95 plus tax and shipping. It will come with 90-day warranty. I am looking at the specs of this camera. It has x35 optical zoom and camera uses the same battery type as my broken camera – BM EN-EL12. Very nice. New camera arrived on TUE 06-28 – just in time for my next trip to Maine June 30 – July 4, 2022. See you there.
Navigate through the List
- 01 A brief overview of May 2022 AT trip (2023/05/25)
- 02 May 26 THU - Ride the bike without the rucksack (2023/05/26)
- 03 May 27, FRI - hiking from Gorham, NH to Gentian Pond Shelter - again (2023/05/27)
- 04 May 28, SAT - hiking from Gentian Pond to Full Goose Shelter (2023/05/28)
- 05 May 29, SUN - Mahoosuc Gorge - miracle of traveling pants (2023/05/29)
- 06 May 30, MON - hike over Mahoosuc Arm and Spec to car (2023/05/30)
- 07 May 31, TUE - drying out and resting up (2023/05/31)