I am preparing a next round of blog posts based on my France vacation in July 2014.
Please let me know, if you would be interested to ask questions or comment on these topics:
– Paris – apartment living on active Rue de Lappe (near Bastille)
– Driving in France (130 km/h) and Spain (120 km/h). Can you “turn on red” in France? – Note special blinking yellow arrow. Diesel is called Gazole in France.
– Food in France and Spain. France: Meat and cheese are everywhere – tough choices for vegans. Spain: “Patatas bravas” – it is fried potatoes; Fresh fruits as a desert is common in Spain.
– Booking.com – your perfect ally – We booked on the mornig of day of arrival in accordance with our plans for that day. There are plenty of options for under €100 a night
– Credit cards (MC, Visa) with a chip, but without a pin are OK. American Express is not widely accepted. Swipe or insert the card
– French words and phrases on your iPhone
Topics for 2014-07-06 SUN Walk:
– 11:00 Very beginning of the vacation;
– 12:00 Morning – Photo camera fell down on a kitchen floor;
– 13:30 Montparnasse Cemetery / Cimetiere Montparnasse
– 14:00 Rain and French Crepes
– 18:00 Flea market in front of cemetery (Boulevard Edgar Quinet);
– 19:30 Gardens of Luxemburg;
– Paris is huge;
– Using Version international data plan (100mb/$25). Using Google maps offline for navigation. Free APPS for offline navigation.