Home Forums Outside Places Lessons of 2020 July AT VT trip III

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Udar Gromov
    Keymaster

This was my fourth trip to Appalachian Trail in Vermont (AT VT) this strange isolationist year. Everything is now dialed down to smallest details. All extraneous items have been removed from backpack. Planning and packing are well tuned process. And Vermont is much closer than Maine. But next trip Vermont will be done I would need to move to much more populated MA and CT. No! No! I would rather hike in crowded White Mountains in New Hampshire.

After returning I was searching to a buy discontinued lightweight folding hand saw “BUCK” from Buck Knives Folding SAW (Buck Knives Folding saw). On August 18 I ordered one from Murdoch’s Stores somewhere in Montana for $25.77.

Equipment need repair from time to time. On Sunday August 2, Lira showed me some basic techniques with a needle and a thread, and I was able to mend holes in (01) both back pockets of hiking pants, (02) titanium pot kitchen mesh and (03) clothes green bag that I inherited from Gary Welsh (1994 -1998).

Came up with a slogan for the masses: “Thank you, essential worker Trump!”
    Idea and practical device how to move and place big rocks – Rope Ratchet Puller.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.